Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Well, the Almighty allowed my legs to carry me better than I thought they would at the Jingle Bell! I haven't run that race for 3 years...ah, but the rolling hills greeted me with kind remembrance.

The thousands of on-lookers really didn't seem to bother me at all this time and I just ran my race. The race drew lots of new people this year, and from what I heard there were about 80 kids out there! So awesome to see them taking their feet to the streets in a good way...I just wish they would stay out from under mine at the start line! Only had one close call as Jr. dashed completely perpendicular to the path right in front of me.The finish line was somewhat as a disappointment, though. For some mysterious and bizarre reason, I came to a slow trot before the actual finish (I thought I had passed it) Because of that fatal mistake, the gal I was battling it out with for the last 1/4 mile passed me up right at the shoot and beat me by .4 of a second. Yes, of course she was in my age group and that placed me at 2nd.

The frustration... I can't even describe. Live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment