Monday, September 17, 2007

Training for my first 10K!

Well,
I think I'm gonna try it. On November 10th I can choose between the Key Biscayne Lighthouse 5K or 10K(both run at the same time). Last year I ran the 5k and came in first in my age group. I'm still convinced that's because all the great runners were running the 10K!! I think I decided then that I wanted to run the 10k this year.(I was NOT ready for a 10K last year) Well I've been running my 6 miles once a week so I think I can take it on now. So I went hunting for a good 10k schedule and found Hal Higdon. One doesn't have to read very far to realize this is THE guy...

You can check out everything about Hal at www.halhigdon.com/ and here is the 10K schedule that I plan to use for the next 8 weeks.

The strength training is going to be a challenge--it takes TIME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment