Friday, September 14, 2007

Flat Florida

I'm on a misison to find hills!! It's pretty flat where I live so I have to resort to the treadmill for a good hill workout. There are a few small hills within a few miles of my house that I'm trying out. I recently read something in RW mag that I'm working into my routine. This is from the mag:
10-Second Hill Sprints
At the end of a 20- to 40-minute easy run, find a steep hill (six to eight percent grade). Run two 10-second repeats. Add one repeat per week until you reach eight. Do the first repeat at a fast but controlled pace; the rest at top speed. Recover after each repeat for at least two minutes by walking downhill backward. Stay at eight repeats for two to four weeks, then take two weeks off from hill running before starting the cycle again.

So that sounds easy enough, right?! And by the way, LOVE the new shoes!!

Click Here for lots of Hill Training Info!!

No comments:

Post a Comment