Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Breaking in New Shoes

Well, my Brooks have about 550 miles on them. My laces are shredded and there are smooth spots on the soles. My coolrunning.com stats are shown in bright red now, which is a message to me that I should retire my shoes. These are all subtle warnings that injury is just around the corner if I don't get some new shoes!

Just got some new shoes : asics gel kayano 13 Bought them on sale at Finish Line! Yes!

So, breaking them in. This really doesn't require any fancy maneuvering or long term planning, but it is quite uncomfortable for me. I have run twice in them now. The first time my knees and my calves grew tired very quickly. Today my feet and my arches just felt achey. I don't think I need the extra insole(squishy comfy arch support stuff) I'm going to run with the regular insole tomorrow to see if that's any better.

My Brooks served me very well, but breaking them in at first was a pain, also. I think I even felt nauseous on my first few runs with them! Well, I'll give these Asics a couple of weeks. They sure are cute, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment